The standard series LVDT displacement sensor sits right in the middle of our range with its Ø20.6mm body and broad selection of measuring ranges from 0-1mm right up to 0-1000mm. It is an excellent general purpose unit suited to applications in relatively benign environments such as laboratories, training rooms, within closed systems or machinery and in clean/dry production and testing areas.
The AML/E series LVDT is available with AC mv/V or DC/DC output signals. DC/DC is the most commonly used, as the signal conditioner is built into the LVDT body giving a self-contained sensor. Outputs available are +/-2.5Vdc, 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc and 4-20mA, all are 3-wire format. Read More…
- Product Overview
- Stroke Ranges: ±0.5mm to ±500mm
- AC mV/V or DC Voltage / Current Output
- Environmental Protection: IP54
- Core-Only, Core + Extension,
Spring-Loaded & Rod-End Bearing Versions
- Associated Products
For high temperature measurements above +70ºC, a high temperature version of the LVDT is offered rated to +150ºC. This version cannot have a signal conditioner fitted internally and so it is mounted in-line on the LVDT’s cable and must be located where temperatures will not exceed +70ºC.
Our standard series LVDT displacement sensor is available in 5 different mechanical configurations;
- Core-Only: Suited to OEM applications where an extension rod or connection point already exists.
- Un-guided Core & Extension: Suited to applications where you wish to physically attach the LVDT’s plunger to the moving point that you need to measure.
- Guided Core & Extension: Suited to applications where attachment to the measuring point is required, but the measuring point cannot support the weight of the core and extension, or where it cannot provide ideal axial guidance.
- Spring Loaded with Extension Rod & Ball-End: Suited to applications where the piece to be measured can’t always be in contact with the LVDT plunger, or where physical attachment of the LVDT plunger to the test piece is not possible.
- Rod End Bearings with Guided Core & Extension: Ideal for cylinder measurement applications and situations where fixing the sensor at either end is preferred to clamping the LVDT body.
As with all our LVDT type position sensors, the sensing principle is contactless which makes it an extremely robust, long-lived sensor. We can also provide customisation to suit your application so please contact us if you would like to discuss the possibilities in your particular application.