The baby in our displacement sensor range is the AML/M series miniature LVDT. Its slim-line 9.5mm diameter allows it to fit into space-constrained applications easily and aid many machine building headaches, whilst stroke ranges from just 0-0.5mm up to 0-100mm gives it a broad range of displacement and position measurement capabilities.
The AML/M LVDT is available with AC mV/V or DC/DC electrical outputs. The DC/DC output is achieved by fitting a signal conditioner in-line on the LVDT’s cable inside a small, lightweight plastic enclosure. Outputs available are 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc or 4-20mA, all of which are 3-wire format. Read More…
- Product Overview
- Stroke Ranges: ±0.25mm to ±50mm
- AC mV/V or DC Voltage / Current Output
(via External Conditioner)
- Environmental Protection: IP40
- Core-Only, Core + Extension & Spring-Loaded Versions
- Associated Products
- Core-Only: Suited to OEM applications where an extension rod or connection point already exists.
- Un-Guided Core & Extension Rod: Suited to applications where you wish to physically attach the LVDT’s plunger to the moving point that you need to measure.
- Spring Loaded with Extension Rod & Radiussed Tip: Suited to applications where the piece to be measured can’t always be in contact with the LVDT plunger, or where physical attachment of the LVDT plunger to the test piece is not possible.
As with all our LVDT type position sensors, the sensing principle is contactless which makes it an extremely robust, long-lived sensor. We can also provide customisation to suit your application so please contact us if you would like to discuss the possibilities in your particular application.