The ‘Industrial’ series of LVDT’s are a rugged displacement/position sensor designed for the most arduous of applications. The body diameter increases to Ø22.2mm for added strength over the standard series of LVDT’s and available stroke ranges remain, with 0-1mm being the smallest and 0-1000mm being the largest. IP65, IP68 submersible and 150ºC high temperature versions are available.
The AML/IE series industrial LVDT is available with AC mv/V or DC/DC output signals. DC/DC is the most commonly used, as the signal conditioner is built into the LVDT body giving a self-contained sensor. Outputs available are +/-2.5Vdc, 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc and 4-20mA, all are 3-wire format. Read More…
- Product Overview
- Stroke Ranges: ±0.5mm to ±500mm
- AC mV/V or DC Voltage / Current Output
- Environmental Protection: IP65
- Guided Core + Extension,
Spring-Loaded & Rod-End Bearing Versions
- Optional IP68 Submersible &
150ºC High Temperature Versions
- Associated Products
Our industrial displacement sensor is available with 3 different mechanical configurations;
- Guided Core & Extension: Suited to applications where attachment to the measuring point is required, but the measuring point cannot support the weight of the core and extension, or where it cannot provide ideal axial guidance.
- Spring Loaded with Extension Rod & Ball-End: Suited to applications where the piece to be measured can’t always be in contact with the LVDT plunger, or where physical attachment of the LVDT plunger to the test piece is not possible.
- Rod End Bearings with Guided Core & Extension: Ideal for cylinder measurement applications and situations where fixing the sensor at either end is preferred to clamping the LVDT body.
The integrity of the industrial LVDT’s fully-welded design whose integrity is governed by the choice of cable gland and cable combination, with IP65 as standard and IP68 (fully waterproof/submersible) as an option.
For high temperature measurements above +70ºC, a high temperature version of the LVDT is offered rated to +150ºC. This version cannot have a signal conditioner fitted internally and so it is mounted in-line on the LVDT’s cable and must be located where temperatures will not exceed +70ºC.
As with all our LVDT type position sensors, the sensing principle is contactless which makes it an extremely robust, long-lived sensor. We can also provide customisation to suit your application so please contact us if you would like to discuss the possibilities in your particular application.